Self Introduction Essay


Subject: Descriptive Reflection of myself

 

Dear Professor Brad and fellow Classmates,

 

I am writing this letter with the intent of introducing myself to everyone in the class of UCS1001_RSE. I would be elaborating on my educational background, relevant work experience, and interest in my course "Robotics Systems Engineering." I will also be writing about my present communication skills as well as what I hope to take away from this module.

My name is Kaushik and I have previously studied in Ngee Ann Polytechnic where I graduated with a diploma in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. During my study I faced many kinds of challenges both social and intellectual. Facing new problems everyday pushed me out of my comfort zone and taught me how to approach unfamiliar situations. As time went by, I started to develop a liking to solving problems and I enjoyed testing myself against greater and greater adversities.

After graduating, I enlisted to serve the nation for 2 years. I was posted to the Maintenance Engineering Support unit, where I had the opportunity to learn about and interact with various automotive technologies. With a sense of passion and interest for technology, I enrolled in SIT’s Robotics Systems Engineering course successfully.

However, getting to this point was not easy. Aside from academic struggles, I had many problems with communication. I was not able to hold a speech in front of an audience, and I frequently added fillers during my presentation. Although I have improved in this aspect over the years and have become better at public speaking, I hope to improve my speed in articulating thoughts without having to stop to think. By the time I finish this module, I hope to improve on effectively delivering my points in a concise and simple manner, and I also hope to gain skills regarding professional parlance.

Thank you for reading.


Sincerely,

Kaushik

Comments

  1. Kaushik has shown how his time in national service led to his interest in engineering, and explained his communication weakness, but could emphasize more on a communication strength. Here are some changes you could make to improve your letter.
    1. “ I have previously studied in Ngee Ann Polytechnic” should be changed to “studied at Ngee Ann Polytechnic” due to preposition
    2. “hope to gain skills regarding professional parlance.” should be changed to “gain skills in professional parlance” due to preposition
    Thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kaushik,

    Thank you for this clear concise letter with the open personal sharing. I appreciate the rich content that is fairly well aligned with the assignment brief, the effective way you have organized your thoughts and the generally flawless language use.

    You've done a fine job providing supporting information for each specific content area, allowing us readers to gain a clearer understanding of who you are. I especially appreciate how you explain that you developed an interest in solving problems and technology, automotive and otherwise.

    From the discussion of your comm skills weaknesses and the various challenges you faced in poly, it's easy to see that you have both drive and perseverance, which can underpin leadership qualities. You can also think of your self presentation as an unrealized potential, since you also identify speaking presentations and professional parlance as areas that you need to work on in our module.

    One area that you might have emphasized more in this letter is your comm skills strengths.

    I look forward to seeing your development and working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment